• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

New to boars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok so i now have a boar, well i have had him a month. Anyway i read somewhere that you had to clean out his bits. So i tried to do just that. However i couldn't get it to pop out! So i just kind of wiped around but it did have a hair and a piece of hay poking out which i eased out.
Any suggestions?

I dont clean out the male guinea "bits" n my guise on everything you have to do for your guinea's it doesnt say that 98)

ive never cleaned my boys bits except for when munchie had a bit of a problem. otherwise i just remove any hay from them when i take them out

We had to constantly clean Blaze's bottom as he used to get the bedding (aubiose) stuck up there! If you have to do that, wear a mask, it tends to pong a bit! :o

I just check for hay as well. Didn't give a thought to clean that area myself, they are very clean animals anyway and would probably do it themselves, well mine are always cleaning 'down there' ?

:)

Marty said:
We had to constantly clean Blaze's bottom as he used to get the bedding (aubiose) stuck up there! If you have to do that, wear a mask, it tends to pong a bit! :o

i discovered that the hard way when i removed some hay from munchies bum the other day xx0

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
I just check for hay as well. Didn't give a thought to clean that area myself, they are very clean animals anyway and would probably do it themselves, well mine are always cleaning 'down there' ?

Same , but my dog does that ! he's a icle devil >:D
So your telling me that hay / straw can get stuck you know ,, where the sun dont shine ... :o

Ive never thought to check !

Patchy said:
SunshineAndTwinkle said:

Same , but my dog does that ! he's a icle devil >:D
So your telling me that hay / straw can get stuck you know ,, where the sun dont shine ... :o

Ive never thought to check !

yup hay seems to sometimes get stuck in their bum, or man bits lol, you just have to remove it so it doesnt cause any irritation/problems

no end of times ive picked my boys up to find strings of hay hanging from them ;D

Yeah I've had to remove hay from Sunshine's bottom before now, urghhh! Haha! :)

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Yeah I've had to remove hay from Sunshine's bottom before now, urghhh! Haha! :)

bad experiences lol. my bf got a nasty shock one day when we were cleaning munchie of hay ;D

elvis is my cavy said:
ive had to do that before but elvis now has hair there ewwwww

;D sorry that make me giggle

munchie is very fluffy round his man bits too :o
bob isnt too bad, but he doesnt sem to get hay stuck as much as munchie

We are always cleaning Misty's bum. Sometimes Sooty and Brandy but Buttons always has a really clean bum :D

I'm sooo glad we've not got Duke on hay anymore, hay was always getting stuck in his butt or 'male parts' :o :o
Towels for me, no probs then O0

i have to pull stuff out of bertie's you know ::) not nice, but he's longhaired and it gets stuck along with hay. after a couple of lovely experiences :P xx0 we are now going to clip round him. >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back