New Rescue Piggy! Berry!

3 Musketeers

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know any guinea pig rescues across ireland, wicklow, or just anywhere over ireland.

Searching for a furry friend for a rescue piggy from friend,
Berry was living in quite unhealthy homes with very bad diet and horrible cleanliness.
Of course, i was polite as possible, berry's friend Hillybilly had died a couple of months before from unknown causes, friend didnt bring them to a vet and it was a shocker.
She says she doesnt plan on getting any more, i offered to 'rescue' Berry.
She was delighted and let me.
Berry is a stunning Black and white piggy with a quite young and curious attitude, I'm searching to get a nice spayed girlfriend, berry is booked for a neuter this friday.
Heres a pic!
P3020001.JPG

Does anyone happen to know any guinea pig rescues across ireland, wicklow, or just anywhere over ireland.

Searching for a furry friend for a rescue piggy from friend,
Berry was living in quite unhealthy homes with very bad diet and horrible cleanliness.
Of course, i was polite as possible, berry's friend Hillybilly had died a couple of months before from unknown causes, friend didnt bring them to a vet and it was a shocker.
She says she doesnt plan on getting any more, i offered to 'rescue' Berry.
She was delighted and let me.
Berry is a stunning Black and white piggy with a quite young and curious attitude, I'm searching to get a nice spayed girlfriend, berry is booked for a neuter this friday.
Heres a pic!
P3020001.JPG
He’s a handsome boy!
There’s a rescue locator on the forum so have a look there.

Sadly, Ireland and Northern Ireland don't have any rescues that we can recommend; in fact they do not even have rescues we cannot recommend... :(
Assisi in Belfast is the only one, and we have heard very mixed reports about it over the years.

Here is our post-op care guide. all the best!
Tips For Post-operative Care

Lucky Berry finding his home with you. Hope his neuter goes well on Friday and he can then count down the days to meeting a lady friend.

Absolutely gorgeous :love:

Congratulations!

Thank you all!
Ive found a lovely lady who 'rescues' guinea pigs from around ireland, she has offered me a lovely young lady.
She is spayed so woohoo!

Both are headed to the vet on Thursday too for a checkup, fingers crossed everything goes well!
dca0c334e1069369c4a7870f8a94b0f8--unique-pets-chinchillas.jpg

Were thinking of a name! any suggestions? (one on left):yahoo:

Blossom? What a cute lady! I hope that Berry is going to fall in love with her!

:love: But for the scrumptious piggy lips and nose, she reminds me of my sister-in-law's border collie dogs. How about 'Colleen' as a name - doesn't that mean 'young lady' in Irish? As you say, she is a lovely young lady!

Good luck for the bonding too :nod:

Wow gorgeous piggies, you only have to have one done. With having a spayed sow, you don't have to get Berry done, unless you plan to add more sows. Having the boar done is quick & simple, it's a lot more complicated to have a sow spayed.

@Tiamolly123
I plan to get any females spayed that i get:
Spay/neuter ensures that they can not reproduce.Female guinea pigs have an elevated risk of uterine cancer, ovarian cysts, mammary tumors, and other reproductive organ tumors as they age. Spaying them eliminates those risks. ... Female guinea pigs, when spayed, have less likelihood of developing obesity.

Back