New Piggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
You have probably noticed by the title but I'm allowed get a new pig:yahoo:
I have a guinea pig carrier which I will bring when I collect the pig and I have a hand towel in there, will I put in a fresh one or keep the old one so the new pig can smell Cookie and Beano?
And if you have good piggy names you help if you like to name her she has to be a girl and I'm getting her on Friday and it is Wednesday now!

Hello,

I would put a fresh towel in there. When you introduce them please do so in a run that is completely neutral and has nothing that may smell of the other piggies in.

Make sure the cage you are then going to be putting them into is completely clean and fresh.

here is a link to a thread on introducing piggies http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/faq-introducing-and-reintroducing-guinea-pigs.38562/

Cookie and Beano are both girls aren't they?

Good luck and let us know how you get on

How exciting to be getting a new piggy! If she is not from a rescue you will need to quarantine her for two weeks before introducing her to cookie and beano. I look forward to the pictures.

Yes Cookie and Beano are both girls. I don't have a spare cage but I can borrow my friend's one if possible but what will I do if I can't?

Yes I do have a run but the pigs can't stay all night were will I put her then?

Yes I do have a run but the pigs can't stay all night were will I put her then?
I had to use this method when introducting Tetley to my girls to keep their main cage clean and ready for them to all go in. Cookie and Beano will be able to stay in their cage and your new piggle in the run. I used towels and puppy pads (available from poundland, etc) on the floor of my indoor run to keep things clean and dry until I could intergrate them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back