New Piggies, what to do?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tracy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tracy

Hi, just a quick question, again! :) as some of you may know, I have 2 new rescue piggies. Thay are beautiful and I just want to cuddle them all the time :) I have taken them out a few times but, obviously, they are very nervous. They are getting used to me and hubby just walking past and all the comings and goings of everyday life but I was wondering if it's ok to keep taking them out or should I leave them alone for a bit longer? I don't want them to be frightened and am trying to get them used to being handled. When I take them out, I put a cushion on my lap and sit them on that. One of them calms right down and seems to enjoy the fuss but the other is always looking for somewhere to run so I don't keep them out for long (a few minutes). Am I doing the right thing? I have only had them for just over a week.

Thanks, Tracy :)

Sounds ok! Another thing to do is to stroke them in the cage as well without picking them up, so as they get to know that the big hand coming into the cage doesn't always mean they are going to be picked up :)

The one that always wants to run,,, doesn't neccesarily mean he doesn't like it, it could be that he's curious and inquisitive and wants to get off and run around exploring :)

Hi, i took my two out straight away although many people say "leave them for 24 hours" i think in makes them more confident.

Thanks for your advice Bev and Tom Cat :) Are your piggies now confident when picked up? It would be difficult to just stroke them in their cage as they just run into their house whenever i open the cage and I have to lift it up and encourage them out :( Maybe if I keep doing this they will know I mean them no harm and will eventually like their cuddles :) They are getting much more confident in general and I hope that I will soon have them eating out of my hand :smitten: I will keep you posted and thanks again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back