New Piggies Setting In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorraine

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
Popcorn and Ponkin (who was parsley) are settling in so well. Today hubby and I put our hands in the cage with a tiny bit of apple and both took food from us. Popcorn is a bit more adventurous and was soon sniffing my hand and walking under my hand and standing with both front feet on my hand. Ponkin then joined in and hubby and I were sat there for over an hour letting the girls sniff us. We've not picked them up yet. Want them to get used to our smell and voices.
The shed gets delivered tomorrow and hubby says he will have it up and kitted out by The weekend

Hi
Popcorn and Ponkin (who was parsley) are settling in so well. Today hubby and I put our hands in the cage with a tiny bit of apple and both took food from us. Popcorn is a bit more adventurous and was soon sniffing my hand and walking under my hand and standing with both front feet on my hand. Ponkin then joined in and hubby and I were sat there for over an hour letting the girls sniff us. We've not picked them up yet. Want them to get used to our smell and voices.
The shed gets delivered tomorrow and hubby says he will have it up and kitted out by The weekend

All the best for your plans! Please make sure that you make the transfer only when temperatures in the shed are comparable to those they are in and that they are protected during cold nights.

Absolutely. There will be heating in the shed.
Also Darren will install an extractor fan which he has in his bird shed. On hot days it takes hot air out and draws in clean air.

Shed has arrived today. Hubby starting after work tomorrow. We've been to buy heater, lighting and extractor fan. Got fleeces, although not sure they are thick enough. Have snuggle beds.
Pickle has been in an outside cage, under cover, so she will be happy to move into a new home too.
Peanut and Ponkin are getting very friendly and happy to walk all over our hands and keep nudging us.
Any advice on best fleece would be appreciated. X

Sounds like things are really moving in the right direction! Wonderful news, it is so great when they start to trust you, we are taming a baby piggy at moment - such had work and feels like two steps forward two steps back at times.

i posted abput fleece a few monthsa ago and got good advice. Will dig out thread for you and post in here Fleece - Where To Buy Online Or High Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back