• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

New Piggies - One With Sore Eye

• Thread starter Thread starter piggpal
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piggpal

Yesterday I bought two new female piggies Peppa and George (both are total cuties !) but, i noticed that on George her eye is closing.. i have to say i didnt notice this in the shop but, when i got her home so i put it down to her possibly catching it on some hay but, I am not so sure now... i have bathed her eye with steralised water and will continue to do so to see if this improves..
There is no discharge but, it does seems to get worse when she has been sleeping but, there is absolutely no way that I will be taking her back to the shop or anything but, i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas?!?!?!?

Thanks All! :)

I think best bet would be ring the emergancy vet help line, and book her into the vets tomorrow morning or ASAP, it could be an eye infection, which could be serious, better safe than sorry for a check up at the vets eh though ;) :)

Is there any redness or swelling to the eye?

I hope george gets better soon :)

Give us an update soon xx

Do not panic one of ours had a sore eye just after we got her. I would bath it a few times before rushing off to the vets if its no better by Tuesday go then ;)

I personally think it would be best to get her to the vets ASAP. If you have only had her for a day it already seems to be getting worse she probably needs some good medical treatment. Like Ali has said it is better to be safe then sorry. Good luck and keep us informed. Hope she makes a full recovery soon. :) Where did you purchase her from? ?

hope she gets better, when i got my lou she had a sore eye then it went and came back etc. lous is when she gets wood shavings in it, she likes to :)

If its no better by this afternoon I would take her to the vets to give it a check!

Make a salt water solution... Wilson has an eye problem and when it lares up I put a drop of mild salt water solution in his eye everyday until its better... Wilson's baby was born with a mucky eye also and with a tiny drop everyday she is ine now :)

I use rock salt... 1 small crystal with a small bowlo boiling water :) Wait till it cools... put a drop in, then rerigerate it... when you do it the next day, let the solution cool to room temperature before you put it in their eye :)

Just a suggestion :) I would also advise calling a vet...

Cold tea is good for sore eyes. Ideally you need to check for anything in the eye, if there's no clouding, it could just be a poke of some sort and bathing should soothe it. As PP has said, no improvement by tomorrow take her through to the vets.

Hope she feels better soon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back