New piggies joining - which will hopefully be the last for some time

Harmonypiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I didn't expect to be going to collect new piggies so soon, but due to recent tragedy it was necessary.

Coronet sow and peruvian neutered boar are joining me tomorrow(1yr or so), as well as a young sheltie sow.

The aim is to immediately bond Peyton (2.5 months old) with the sheltie sow as she is alone and the other 2 will be together initially in a 2x4 C&C

I will post pictures here when I can and although they wont replace Chica whom I loved dearly despite being with me a short time I'm sure I will connect with these quickly too. I have realised the pig home here is expanding to like what Scotties animals has! Each piggy is so individual and I love for their own ways

Congratulations. How old is the sheltie sow? Are you aiming to bond them all together in future or keep in their pairs? We look forward to photos of course :D Do feel free to post about the bonding here if you want. Lots of people have been through it so know what it's like first-hand. Wishing you all the best with it.

I didn't expect to be going to collect new piggies so soon, but due to recent tragedy it was necessary.

Coronet sow and peruvian neutered boar are joining me tomorrow(1yr or so), as well as a young sheltie sow.

The aim is to immediately bond Peyton (2.5 months old) with the sheltie sow as she is alone and the other 2 will be together initially in a 2x4 C&C

I will post pictures here when I can and although they wont replace Chica whom I loved dearly despite being with me a short time I'm sure I will connect with these quickly too. I have realised the pig home here is expanding to like what Scotties animals has! Each piggy is so individual and I love for their own ways
Aww enjoy your new additions can’t wait to see photos ! 😊

I would like to do some more bonding to reuce cages and have bigger groups rather than lots of pairs, espeiclly for the 2 boys who will b e neutered and don't like each other.

The young sheltie is born 21/1 so that makes her what 5 weeks, so she wont be quarenteened first. she is very interesting as is white and lilac and has red eyes. I will call her Melody I think

Are the two boars living together? Are the two young sows going to be split and live with a boar each then?

Congratulations on the new piggies.
We will look forward to pictures.
Of course they’re not replacing Chica, they are successors

I’m sure Chica would approve, so don’t feel you are replacing him. I lost Ted in December and when Hector came I did feel a tinge of that, but they would have wanted another piggie to have a wonderful and happy safe home to live in

Looking forward to photos, the little Sheltie sounds lovely x

Piggies are home

1.webp2.webp3.webp4.webp

They have both decided to go in the guineadad house and hide together, they were snuggled together when home, can see these 2 piggies love each other. I might keep their existing names i always feel it can be kinda wrong to change existing ones .They will stay together for a few weeks and I may add sheltie sow to them and another.

The other boys will be neutered and have sows to live with yes.

Nino (Aby boar) started chirping in his cage for a while as soon as I put these 2 in their pad

the dominance has started, with the boar chasing the sow and mounting her, lots of squeaking!

All normal 😆. Have you bonded the young sow yet? Will you still split them if they have a tight bond?

The young sheltie will be with me later this evening. That's also a big question, the boars slated to be neutered need sows so if they are well bonded hopefully they would take to a boar, they wont be separated once together.the young sheltie is 5 weeks, so shed efinitely needs stable company as she grows.

I have ever seen sow boar dominance before clearly boar is on top literally hah

When are they scheduled to be neutered?

I found out sow was due in season so that's going to be the reason for more mounting.

As for the w unneutered males I am waiting until the youngest is of age as 2.5 months currently, also when lockdown ends

These 2 also have no way to escape and get to any sows as I keep lid of grids and a fleece on top

Are the boars separated or still together? Sorry, I’ve forgotten 🤭

they are side to side at present, they had a fight when together after like a week

there was a delay picking u the new sheltie, logistics only and she will be here tonight.

I am used to the peruvian boar now and which side his head is through all the hair lol. His coronet wife likes this house she has taken for herself.These 2 seem settled and very chilled, put the morning hay pile in and immediate munch and graze and off to water down. These 2 celebrate their 1 yo birthdays this month, different days

a.webpb.webpc.webp

The last piggy, she is currently bonding in session, squeaking/wheeking a little, she was wheeking on the drive home.

The other 2 are settling wellin there home and making a mess, the black and white coronet sow saw her jumping on spot excitedly

this new sow appears to be settling, expected very high pitch squeaks and she was just at water bottle for ages. She is so small look forward to seeing this one develop. Compare to the peruvian boar who could be like 6x bigger. My family is now complete and I'm sure the decibels of wheeks is now higher in chorus

Back