New Piggies/cage Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ami Norman

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have had my piggies for a week now, and they were just starting to feel comfortable around me not running away and eating from my hands, but yesterday i bought a much bigger cage for them and since putting them in their cage they seem to have become really tame again and everytime i come close they seem to do a runner!, does anyone have any advice to making them like me again haha!

Ah! What has happened is they have started finding their feet. .Sometimes when piggies are scared they will stay more still than when they are used to you. Keep trying to hand feed them veg at the bars to entice them over, you'll soon get them back tame :) Our piggies still run off when we go to pick them up, it is a prey instinct. We collect them like the video below

Ah! What has happened is they have started finding their feet. .Sometimes when piggies are scared they will stay more still than when they are used to you. Keep trying to hand feed them veg at the bars to entice them over, you'll soon get them back tame :) Our piggies still run off when we go to pick them up, it is a prey instinct. We collect them like the video below

Haha, I used to use that trick...until they smartened up and avoided the tunnel at all costs!

I have two boys which are easy to pick up , my girls are little madams and get the better of me every time , they have a small pet igloo bed I lift out with them both in , doesn't bother them , then I can handle them on my knee , which they don't seem to mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back