New Piggie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo86

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I went out yesterday to pick up 2 baby girls and came back with this hansome chap. His name is Dexter and he is just over 4 months old. He was all on his own so I just had to bring him home! (The photo was taken before he came home)
20160612_114754.webp
The idea will be to get him netuered and find him a wife-pig so he can have some company.
He has not eaten any of his veggies since he arrived home and has remained hiding in the bedroom of his hutch. Hopefully he will get braver over the next few days.

Congratulations! Dexter is lush! :love: He will soon settle, pop his veggies in his sticks with him. Keep us updated on him

Congratulations! Dexter is lush! :love: He will soon settle, pop his veggies in his sticks with him. Keep us updated on him

I moved his veggies into his bedroom area when I got home to let the dogs out at lunch time.
The sticks were in his old house. He is burried under a mountain of hay currently!
He didnt look like he had moved from this morning although he has only been with us for 24 hours...
Its raining hard here and i feel so bad he is all on his own outside.... (his house is insulated and protected from the rain)

He is gorge.I adopted Kyle because he was on his own and had him neutered.He is loving life with his five girls.

He is gorge.I adopted Kyle because he was on his own and had him neutered.He is loving life with his five girls.

I bet he does!
My OH said i could have 1 girl for him now and them when we move (and i get a 10x8 shed) i can get 2 more!

I tend to keep more than two to avoid the single pig problem.When I lost fizzy pop pebbles was grieving and I had to get a baby girl from a pet shop and risk putting her straight in because she wouldn't accept any of the girls from rescue I tried and the rescue had no babies

Well moving the food bowl worked.. just got back from work and the veggie bowl was empty! And i got a little peek at him.

Not that I'm planning on getting a 3rd one ...havery enough with 2 new ones being a novice to all this but is 3 a better no or just 2. I read somewhere pairs were best?

Herds can be tricky. I just have 2 sets of female pairs so I think pairs work good, maybe someone else has had a different experience

What a gorgeous boy! I own two boars and they're abosolutely devoted to each other. I would say if you have a pair that's happy and stable why risk that with an introduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back