New pellets

LaurenS

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I seen piggie parcels have released their own pellets and this excites me as I love their forage. Just wondered if anyone else has had a look at them and what they thought about them ingredients wise. I thought they sounded good but there were ingredients such as linseed expeller and prairie meal I didn’t really have a clue about 😂 Also is there a way of knowing if they are low in calcium or not? Attaching an image of the ingredients ☺️

Attachments

• 58A3605B-4E0B-473F-8720-9023FB37F4F4.webp
    58A3605B-4E0B-473F-8720-9023FB37F4F4.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi, first off I’m a little bit bias as I own Piggie parcels 🤣 It’s Amanda here 👋
There is a page on our website which give the full nutritional breakdown. (See link below)
Calcium is 0.8 and calcium to phosphorus ratio is 1:3 😊
Happy to answer questions, the linseed is added as it’s an excellent natural source of onega3&6 and also lysine (helps with calcium absorption).
The prairie meal is a natural alternative to synthetic methionine (helps to prevent certain types of urinary stones). It’s natural, good for protein.
Obviously there are lots of good pellets out there but the webpage explains about about ours 😊
Piggie Pellets

Hi, first off I’m a little bit bias as I own Piggie parcels 🤣 It’s Amanda here 👋
There is a page on our website which give the full nutritional breakdown. (See link below)
Happy to answer questions, the linseed is added as it’s an excellent natural source of onega3&6 and also lysine (helps with calcium absorption).
The prairie meal is a natural alternative to synthetic methionine (helps to prevent certain types of urinary stones). It’s natural, good for protein.
Obviously there are lots of good pellets out there but the webpage explains about about ours 😊
Piggie Pellets
Ah that’s great you found my post! Thank you for explaining it all that’s so helpful ❤️

Piggie Pellets
I’m rubbish at knowing what calcium levels are good and what ratios are good but I’m assuming yours are all completely fine. Only wondered as I have two pigs with bladder issues ☺️

Back