New owner, advice on housing

• Thread starter Thread starter TheGaffer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheGaffer

hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I currently have 5 wonderful house rabbits.

I'm rescuing a rabbit and guinea pig this week from people who 'don't have time for them anymore'.

This bun and piggie have been living together for 2 years apparently :tickedoff:

So, Obviously I'll be separating them, but what I want to know is what constitutes suitable accommodation for a piggie, as in minumum hutch/cage sizes?

I've no experience with piggies, so will probably be asking lots of questions in the coming weeks/months ;)

Thanks,

Nicola

Thanks,

I'm separating becuase I don't think it's suitable for for piggie to live with a bun because they have very different dietry requirements, they communicate in very different ways and rabbits binky and kick and can fatally injure piggies. i'm doubting these animals have ever been to a vet, or if the owners would have cared if either was ill, so I'll be asking my vet to check for injuries that could be old or new.

Nicola

oh ok... i have two rabbits and before i got cindy wilson (my other piggie) was living with the rabbits and they were fine... except when wilson tried to steal the female frm the male rabbit ;D cheeky pig lol

Hope all goes well when you get them!

Bye xx

The recommened space for two piggies is 4ft piggies are socail animals and are happier living in pairs or groups. So glad that your not keeping the piggie in with the rabbit.

Well done for rescuing these guys and splitting them up! They are so lucky there are people like you around to help them. There are so many reasons to seperate, its wonderful you are doing this. Hutch wise it would be lovely if at all possible to find a companion guinea pig for the piggy. They are so much happier in pairs. Once again well done. Hutch wise the bigger the better really. So go for the largest hutch you can afford and fit! If they are indooors the C&C cages on cavycages would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back