New Mommy To A Skinny Pig- Few Questions

MyPiggyIggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello!

I just got my first ever piggy this past weekend- he is a skinny pig. He is all black with some grey and pink spots on his belly. I am very excited! I have never had a guinea pig before.

I ordered a C &C cage- waiting on it's arrival. From what I understand keeping the food on the one end that has a separate section should keep the poop/pee in that area-for the most part?

I also using fleece. I was seeing people sewing beds and sleep sacks- is there concern the piggy may eat the thread?

thanks for any help!

If you go up & down with the sewing machine & cut the thread close to the material that should be fine.
You know you have to have 2 piggies, then they can play & chatter. Just having one is a bad idea.
Where did you get your skinny from?
What are you using underneath the fleece.

If you go up & down with the sewing machine & cut the thread close to the material that should be fine.
You know you have to have 2 piggies, then they can play & chatter. Just having one is a bad idea.
Where did you get your skinny from?
What are you using underneath the fleece.

HI!

Yes-I am now searching for a PINK one. I rescued him - the owner couldn't care for him any longer. I live in NY.
I put towel under the fleece- and I washed the fleece a few times to make sure liquid goes through it. I want to get some puppy pads.

Hello!

I just got my first ever piggy this past weekend- he is a skinny pig. He is all black with some grey and pink spots on his belly. I am very excited! I have never had a guinea pig before.

I ordered a C &C cage- waiting on it's arrival. From what I understand keeping the food on the one end that has a separate section should keep the poop/pee in that area-for the most part?

I also using fleece. I was seeing people sewing beds and sleep sacks- is there concern the piggy may eat the thread?

thanks for any help!
My Guineas are quite chewy. My newest one Harvey is particularly bad and has chewwed a lot of the correx but never had any problems with cosy items. They must not taste nice.

As for the poo and pee, it really depends on your pig's personality. I find that timid pigs tend to go in hides as they don't have the confidence to hop outside for the toilet like more outgoing pigs do (however you do get the occasional slob pig that just doesn't care about being clean). I tend to find that more enclosed spaces get soiled a lot quicker than open spaces even if there is food there to tempt them.

Have you got a friend for your new piggy. I'd strongly recommend one. They get lonely really quickly but they are really good at hiding it. You might think your piggy is fine but then you give them a friend and you can see first hand how desperate they were for a friend. I should know. I've seen it myself my my own pig Belle.

I used towel underneath as well but I found it got to wet. So I started using a mattress protector so long as the face of it is 100% cotton. Don't know what you'd call it over there.
I was hoping you were in the U.K, I've been looking for a skinny for a while, but no luck.

Back