New home for the piggies

FleurElizabethA

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Wanted to post a pic to show Hagrid and Draco's new set up and see if there's anything you guys would add or do?
They definitely need more toys and their other hidey is fabric so is being washed, but will be back in their with them soon😁
They've just come from a basic pet shop cage, so I'm super happy for them to have more space!
Excuse the darkness, I get motivation at 8PM apparently!

Attachments

• IMG_20211023_211539.webp
    IMG_20211023_211539.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 25
Oh, and the cable ties are being cut, I'm just waiting for my dad to come tomorrow with the cutters😂🤦‍♀️

Looks lovely, good amount of hay, soft blanket, lots of space after being in a small cage. I'd prioritise areas for them to hide as they're prey animals, hideys, boxes with doors cut in them, fleece forests, fabric pinned over one end the cage etc.

They’ll definitely be happier with the larger cage.
How big is it?
I can’t tell from the phot.

Mine think a paper bag full of hay is a wonderful plaything.
Fleece tunnels and hides are also fun.
Piggies are easy to please.
Looking forward to pics of the boys in their new set-up

Looks lovely, good amount of hay, soft blanket, lots of space after being in a small cage. I'd prioritise areas for them to hide as they're prey animals, hideys, boxes with doors cut in them, fleece forests, fabric pinned over one end the cage etc.
That's what one of their hideys is, attaches at the corner and drapes over but after being in the last cage with woodshavings, it needed a wash first😂 x

They’ll definitely be happier with the larger cage.
How big is it?
I can’t tell from the phot.

Mine think a paper bag full of hay is a wonderful plaything.
Fleece tunnels and hides are also fun.
Piggies are easy to please.
Looking forward to pics of the boys in their new set-up
Hiya! I'm assuming it's an average 4x2? The same as a kavee c&c cage, found this for a bit cheaper so took a chance!
I'm definitely looking at more fleece things now it won't be covered in shavings within 30 seconds😁X

A 4x2 is ok for two piggies but ideally boars need more space.
5x2 is the recommended minimum for 2 boars.
The beauty of C & C cages is that they can be easily extended.
I created an L shaped cage to give maximum space for my piggies in the room available.
Have a browse through the housing thread on the forum for guidance.
You might also like to look at the Members websites section as some of our members make some wonderful fleecy stuff.
It will be very exciting watching Hagrid and Draco explore their new cage.

A 4x2 is ok for two piggies but ideally boars need more space.
5x2 is the recommended minimum for 2 boars.
The beauty of C & C cages is that they can be easily extended.
I created an L shaped cage to give maximum space for my piggies in the room available.
Have a browse through the housing thread on the forum for guidance.
You might also like to look at the Members websites section as some of our members make some wonderful fleecy stuff.
It will be very exciting watching Hagrid and Draco explore their new cage.
I'll definitely be extending it at some point😁 had to ease my partner into it first though haha! Now this one is up, I doubt he'll notice too much of it starts getting bigger!
That's brill, I'll have a look there for fleecy stuff😁
Thankyou!X

Looks good. I would add another hide, hay tray and make sure there’s a second bottle and bowl. Pellets only need to be a tablespoon each.

Back