New home for guinea's

FleurElizabethA

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi😁

Was looking at C&c cages but found these as an alternative, supposedly comes with a floor🤷‍♀️ however, does anyone know how I'd go about attaching their water bottle to this? I've searched and did find an image where the bottle is attached like normal but for the life of me can't figure this out. And also; would I be better off putting down a wipe clean table cloth, rather than puppy pads or buying blankets?

Trying to give them a bigger home than the pet shop cage they're in that I regret buying! But I'd like it to be as easily cleaned as possible, they've got wood shavings at the moment so looking for an alternative or any ideas anyone might have for this type of set up?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019_113257_com.ebay.mobile.webp
    Screenshot_20211019_113257_com.ebay.mobile.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 14
Looks great, but I would buy a waterproof base that you can put down such as a waterproof table cloth or a cheap PVC shower curtain cut down to size. then you can put fleece with old towels or buy/make your own fleece liners. Liners are best bought in smaller sizes as large single ones are quite unmanageable to de-hay/hair, also consider your washing machine size too. I’m not sure about a water bottle fixing? I have seen a water bottle that sits in a stand but don’t know how stable they are? You could always just use a bowl?

Can you replace one of the panels with a C&C grid to attach the bottle? You can buy grids seperately on ebay, it looks like those panels use the same clips as C&C grids. I didn't find the bottle stands very stable, my boisterous boys were always knocking mine over. I'd line the base with something waterproof, tablecloth, puppy pads, piece of corex, lino. Some shower curtains these days are only showerproof and not waterproof as I found out the hard way!

Last edited:
Looks great, but I would buy a waterproof base that you can put down such as a waterproof table cloth or a cheap PVC shower curtain cut down to size. then you can put fleece with old towels or buy/make your own fleece liners. Liners are best bought in smaller sizes as large single ones are quite unmanageable to de-hay/hair, also consider your washing machine size too. I’m not sure about a water bottle fixing? I have seen a water bottle that sits in a stand but don’t know how stable they are? You could always just use a bowl?
Thankyou! I'm definitely swaying more towards getting a wipe clean table cloth, seems more manageable to clean!

Can you replace one of the panels with a C&C grid to attach the bottle? You can buy grids seperately on ebay, it looks like those panels use the same clips as C&C grids. I didn't find the bottle stands very stable, my boisterous boys were always knocking mine over. I'd line the base with something waterproof, tablecloth, puppy pads, piece of corex, lino. Some shower curtains these days are only showerproof and not waterproof as I found out the hard way!
I thought the same too with the bottle holders, my two would have it over in a second😂they already manage to knock the bottle sideways attached to the cage wall! did what you suggested and bought a seperate panel to attach to hang a bottle from! Definitely going for a wipe clean tablecloth too, it'd be cheaper and easier to clean on a daily basis! And I can switch up the patterns easily enough! Thought about putting puppy pads down too for where they'll sleep? And possibly getting a litter tray for where they eat? See if I can direct their toileting to there but God knows where to start with that😂 thanks for the advice!

I thought the same too with the bottle holders, my two would have it over in a second😂they already manage to knock the bottle sideways attached to the cage wall! did what you suggested and bought a seperate panel to attach to hang a bottle from! Definitely going for a wipe clean tablecloth too, it'd be cheaper and easier to clean on a daily basis! And I can switch up the patterns easily enough! Thought about putting puppy pads down too for where they'll sleep? And possibly getting a litter tray for where they eat? See if I can direct their toileting to there but God knows where to start with that😂 thanks for the advice!
Hi! I think you'd find that if you used a tablecloth as their bedding, that it would get disgusting very quickly - their wee would just pool on the plastic and the piggies themselves would get very dirty. You wouldn't want to use puppy pads on top as if they chew on them and ingest this it isn't good for them.
May I suggest using fleece as your absorbent bedding? The tablecloth would be your base waterproof layer at the very bottom to protect the cage, followed by puppy pads or towels and then covered by fleece (you can also buy or make your own fleece liners that come with an absorbent layer incorporated).
I hope this helps 😊

Hi! I think you'd find that if you used a tablecloth as their bedding, that it would get disgusting very quickly - their wee would just pool on the plastic and the piggies themselves would get very dirty. You wouldn't want to use puppy pads on top as if they chew on them and ingest this it isn't good for them.
May I suggest using fleece as your absorbent bedding? The tablecloth would be your base waterproof layer at the very bottom to protect the cage, followed by puppy pads or towels and then covered by fleece (you can also buy or make your own fleece liners that come with an absorbent layer incorporated).
I hope this helps 😊
I did think this but then put it to the back of my mind because I'd seen so many just use the tablecloth😂 had images of going threw kitchen roll like nobodies business and wandering whether they'd try and eat the puppy pads, but I've seen the fleece liner things that are a bit bigger than lap pads? Mostly for under their houses they sleep in, so they'd be easier and quicker to clean, maybe? Think I'll definitely be using fleece on top of the tablecloth then!

This might not be relevant but if you were worried about mess or lack of secure base with c and c cages, if you have the correx sides high enough, you can prevent the little poopies/bedding/hay flying out. I hate hoovering with an absolute passion, so correx sides have to be high enough for me. And a c and c cage with correx is sturdy.

I use c+c for my piggies and the base is wood with about 3 to 4 layers of fleece and large towels for bums and pinkies and the houses and hides are floored with cardboard for easy cleaning
Which is tonight yipeeeee

Back