New Guinea Pigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmoon

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Iv adopted 2 girls and they are so cute. My problem is Iv got a cage is to small for them and as Iv already had to take 1 to vets it's eaten the funds I was going to use to get a bigger cage. My so has a pretty big plastic toy box that would be big enough as a make shift cage but I don't won't to but the lid down in it its well over 50cm will they be able to get out?

may not be good for more than a few hours, it might get condensation on fur from the sides

Is your toy tub 50cm high or long? Guinea pigs (despite the well known adage that they aren't) are good jumpers and so you really do need some kind of lid on there. How long is your toy tub? For your two girls to be happy it needs to be at least 1.2m long, and you'll need to make a hole to attach a drinking bottle. If your lid is plastic, please don't attach it - the ventilation would be very poor!

Its 1.5 meters long and well over 50cm high. Yeah plastic lid that's why I don't won't it shut. Never thought about condensation as its inside. I can get a proper cage run next week so this is a very short term thing. Just don't want to make chocolate worse. Thanks any help given.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back