New Guinea Pigs - Inside Or Outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChloeLouu

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey
I am thinking of getting 2 guinea pigs. I am wondering if it's best to keep them inside or outside.
Would love answers please :)
Also any other general tips about guinea pig care and everything Thankyou :)

I agree with piggyfan, keep them indoors. It is better for you & the piggies. You can always get a collapsable run to give them time on the grass when we have the occasional dry day. (ha ha).

I agree with indoors, I am able to interact with my pigs so much better, not that I had a choice though as we live in a flat.

mine are inside and they love the interaction they get as they are in a room next to the hall and everyone talks to them on their way to and from the kitchen.Also nicer for us when it is cold and wet.You can always have the best of both worlds and give them a secure run for during the day in good weather outside

I agree with piggyfan, keep them indoors. It is better for you & the piggies. You can always get a collapsable run to give them time on the grass when we have the occasional dry day. (ha ha).
Yeah I already have a run in my garden which we bought for my bunny :-) but my bunny runs the whole garden lol :) someone is always out there with her by the way!:-)

Is it 2 pigs you are getting? If so I think the minimum is a 120cm cage and the Ferplast 120 is apparently the best. However, the more space you can give them the better, and some of us on here have C & C cages which are made from shelving grids. Have a look at the cages in our housing section and you will get plenty of ideas.

Is it 2 pigs you are getting? If so I think the minimum is a 120cm cage and the Ferplast 120 is apparently the best. However, the more space you can give them the better, and some of us on here have C & C cages which are made from shelving grids. Have a look at the cages in our housing section and you will get plenty of ideas.

If you don't have dogs & cats then a c&c indoor run is really good as you can adapt it to the room you have. A 3x2 (42"x28") is about the minimum size for 2 piggies but 4X2 or bigger is better.

Ferplast cages have really good reductions on them at Amazon at the moment. Might be worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back