New Guinea Pig Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

afishy101

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I just got two girl guinea pigs about a month ago, they are about a year and 7 months (I think)
I have them on Oxbow Cavy Cuisine and they have unlimited access to Oxbow Timothy Hay, and they get fresh veggies every day and fresh fruits every once in a while, also they are getting fresh water every day and sometimes I take them out in the backyard in their portable pen to graze on our grass (no fertilizers or pesticides) I take them out of their cage for cuddles almost every day. I have been not giving them their Oxbow Daily C because I read that guinea pigs are supposed to have 25mg of Vitamin C every day and Daily C has 50 mg per tablet, and they are getting C from the veggies and fruits that I am giving them, and their food has Vitamin C too. They also have fleece bedding that gets cleaned every day, and two igloos, and lots of chew toys. Will someone please tell me if I am doing things right and if not, please tell me what I could do better?

Sounds like you are doing a great job! Bell peppers are great food for getting vit C in their diets, we feed these daily. Welcome to the forum :) Be wonderful to see some photos of your piggies.

Welcome to the forum! :) Sounds like you are very dedicated to your fur children and doing a great job!

Hi and :wel:

Your girls are very lucky to have you as their mum! Great job and keep up the good work!

Hello and welcome! Sounds like you're doing a great job!

I agree with the bell peppers. Really good vit C source and my piggies love them!

Sounds like they're well taken care of!

Welcome to the forum. There is so much info here it's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back