New guinea pig owner unsure on diet.

Jorja mae

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi I bought 2 adorable baby guineas about a month ago and I'm still unsure on their diet, I've been told various different things so I thought I'd ask on here. I don't want to keep giving them the same thing as they will get bored. Can someone help me so they can get all the vitamins they need. Thank you.

Attachments

• Snapchat-2125751928.webp
    Snapchat-2125751928.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi, welcome to the friendly forum. I am not one of the experts and I don't know how to link the diet guides. My boys primarily get hay, hay and more hay. If they finish it then they aren't getting enough. They get a spoonful of pellets each once a day and fresh vegetables and herbs once a day. Most days it is lettuce ( not iceberg), cucumber, any colour of pepper and coriander. Occasional treats are parsley, spinach, carrots, green beans and baby corn. Mine don't really have a taste for fruit but the little they do like is once a month. When I cook with veg they get carrot peelings, cauliflower leaves and broccoli stems and leaves. I hope this helps.

Hi, welcome to the friendly forum. I am not one of the experts and I don't know how to link the diet guides. My boys primarily get hay, hay and more hay. If they finish it then they aren't getting enough. They get a spoonful of pellets each once a day and fresh vegetables and herbs once a day. Most days it is lettuce ( not iceberg), cucumber, any colour of pepper and coriander. Occasional treats are parsley, spinach, carrots, green beans and baby corn. Mine don't really have a taste for fruit but the little they do like is once a month. When I cook with veg they get carrot peelings, cauliflower leaves and broccoli stems and leaves. I hope this helps.
Thank you so much, this does help as I was told to stay away from lettuce and and spinach can be fed daily so thank you for the help.

Just seen your picture, they are very cute. Boys or girls? Is one of them crested? ♥️

Welcome to the forum.
We look forward to getting to know you and your beautiful piggies
Hope you find the information you need

Back