New Females

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

We have just bought 2 females about 7 weeks old both from the same litter, one of them seems to be bullying the other chasing her out of the house and around the cage.

Is this normal and is there anything we can do so they get on with each other.

Thanks

Dan

sows arnt known to do that boars usually do it to show each others whos boss maybe shes leting her know shes boss?

Yes this is normal, they are just trying to figure out who's boss at the moment. They should calm down

Thanks This makes us feel better, should we use a house between them which came with the cage or should we buy a small house each?

Thanks for all your help

dan

a small house each is a good thing, they can get some space away from eachother, Guinea pigs don't always snuggle up together, none of mine do.

My two new guinea pigs are also making a very high pitched sqeal every so often. Does it mean they are scared?

Thanks

They will probably be fine, just keep a close eye to make sure it doesnt get too out of hand, but they will settle soon enough I'm sure! :)

Not sure how to post pics it says the upload folder is full

yes we think the name are going to be Sooty and Smudge but we are still having problems Smudge keeps chasing sooty out out the house so we bought 2 igloo houses 1 each but she still chases her out so we tried to seperate them last night by putting cardboard down the middle of the cage but we came donw this morning and they had pushed the cardboard and where in together, still not getting on though.

They both seem to touch noses but then Smudge seems to jump at sooty and shes runs away

Thanks for all your help
Dan

I think that this behavior is fine. If it gets out of hand then seperate them. Are you sure they are not boars? lol.. sound like cheeky little fellas. ;D

My boar and sow have been living together for about 3 weeks now (sow aged 1-2 and the boar 6 months). Buffy is definately the boss, she will steal food from Spikes mouth and in some instances has sat on the dried grass just so he can't get to it!

They chatter occasionally at each other but I do wonder if they are doing it at me! What I have done to avoid any possibilty is give them both their own pigloo (I have yet to see them share). I have 2 water bottle, 2 bowls and a large hay rack. At least this way if Buffy is being a madam Spike has an alternative source of all essentials and fingers crossed no arguments will erupt.

Good luck hope your two sort themselves out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back