New cage

Charllou

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Got a c&c cage 5x2 and put both boys in it yesterday. (They where in a pet shop cage for a few months Till I realised they needed a bigger cage) anyways since being in the bigger cage they seem to be I think it’s play fighting more. They will chase eachother, growl (I think), sometimes do the growl at eachother face to face and jump on each other. Is this normal? Is it because they have a bigger space?

Whenever piggies have a new territory, they need to reestablish their relationship.
You can minimise (not stop) their need to do this by using the soiled bedding from their old cage and putting it into the new cage for a few days. It will mean scents are transferred and it helps them realise it’s still their space.

As long as it is dominance and remains as that, then they should settle down in a week or so.

Whenever piggies have a new territory, they need to reestablish their relationship.
You can minimise (not stop) their need to do this by using the soiled bedding from their old cage and putting it into the new cage for a few days. It will mean scents are transferred and it helps them realise it’s still their space.

As long as it is dominance and remains as that, then they should settle down in a week or so.
I’ll do that, Thankyou!

Back