New cage layouts :3

Lunapxggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m fulling switching to fleace bedding now and I wanted to show off my cute cage i’ve got going on now :3 Is there anything I should add or subtract?

Attachments

• IMG_5143.webp
    IMG_5143.webp
    113.3 KB · Views: 5
Hay! Where’s the hay lol x

Joking aside since I’ve put two big piles of hay in with my two they have been so happy. I only swapped to fleece at the end of last year and I / they love it.

Hay! Where’s the hay lol x

Joking aside since I’ve put two big piles of hay in with my two they have been so happy. I only swapped to fleece at the end of last year and I / they love it.
On the other side of the cage dw !:33

Oh I didn’t see the little draw-bridge. So they have access to that area too? X

So you’ve got one piggy living on its own - is that right? The one with the wooden hut in the picture?

The other two cages are joined together with two piggies living in there. Is that also right?

I would still add a lot more hay.
The box of hay the piggy is sitting in looks to be far too small. Ideally you’d fill half the cage (given the dimensions of those cages are 4ft cages) with hay so they can really enjoy it as enrichment

I would also say that there looks to be too many pellets in the bowls. The recommended amount is just one tablespoon per pig per day. Don’t allow them to have several bowl fulls as that isn’t healthy (can cause a variety of healthy issues by eating too many pellets).

I would also, for safety, cover that little ramp with some fleece. They should never walk on bars as it can cause their feet to get caught in the bars and injuries. It can also cause sores on the footpad (bumblefoot)

Back