New cage being delivered today....

• Thread starter Thread starter smiler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smiler

Its bigger than a nero 4 and was £50 quid inc delivery! He only had 3 left on sat, so if he has any left I might buy another one, but they take up soooo much space! :o

So my q is..can you 'stack' the cages up? I tried it last night, but the underneith cage ends up not having as much light....then again with hutches you only get the light from the mesh door... :-\

What do you guys think? :-\

When stacking cages, I think it is very important that they are not in the dark and do get some light to get in through the top of the cage.

Why is it important in cages, but hutches dont have light coming through the top? :-\ Just wondering ;) O0

what kind of cage is it? where did u buy it from? whats the dimensions? how many piggies you putting in it if you dont mind me asking?

Its an indoor cage...looks like the nero but the bars are bright colours (ergh) ;D

I ordered it from the guy that supplies our local pet shop, I'm not sure who its made by, i couldnt see a name :-\.

Prezel and Beaver are going to be moving in the new cage so Harry can have their old nero 4 for the time being until i decide what I am going to do with all the cages/hutches and who is going to live where ::)

I cant remember what the new cage measures...its got a good few inches on the nero...its bigger and deeper....not by very much, but every little counts! ;D

I will let you know when i get it and i'll measure it again ad tell you who made it ;)

The base is like...bright red and the bars are yellow and blue xx0 hahahah icky primary colours, but its a really good price compared to the p@h lot! Especially as delivery is included!

PerfectPiggies said:
Why is it important in cages, but hutches dont have light coming through the top? :-\ Just wondering ;) O0

I say this because cages are for indoor use - using artifical light. Outdoor use such as hutches get "real" light into their hutches. Thats the way I view it anyways...

I have cages stacked up - as long as both ends are free I think they get enough light.

I also pull mine away from the wall a bit so light gets in that way too.

Curtains always open here too so they get lots of natural light.

will you tell us the make of the cages when they have arrived, would be interested in these cages.

Okay these cages are good as in space...but are poorly made as in...thin plastic...but for the money...very good i think!

It is bigger than it looks...just look at how much space pretz and beaver take up (they are pretty much fully grown piggies) in the bottom left and how much space is still there...it is a few inches bigger than the nero, not much in it though...its just £20 quid cheaper or something..

they are also VERY high...which is wasted space as far as I'm concerned, but you could very easily make a spacious upper floor, maybe 2...

The piggies arent tall enough to get to the bars...if they jump up to look out etc they still hit the plastic sides...a fully grown male piggie on tiptoes could probably just reach the bars...not sure if this is a good or bad thing really! :-\ Stops bar chewing and they dont seem as bothered by you walking part etc etc (gives them more privacy)

Will get some better pics when its light as we have those energy saving lightbulbs and my phone doesnt take clear pics with them instead f natural light ;)

pretandbeaver.jpg

Hiya..I am getting my indoor cage from Zooplus.co.uk...free delivery on orders over £29..they do a large cage at the mo for only £49.99....and as I can remember it is 140cm long.......64cm wide and 47cm deep....which I think is quite large for indoors! It is bigger than the Nero4 and is £20 cheaper! Result!
Seren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back