New Baby Piggie Doing To Live With Older Piggies

simong

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,

We have two female piggies about two years old. We did have a slightly older male living with them who unfortunately just passed away. Some family members have kindly given us a new male who is about five weeks old. Right now he'll be living in his own cage in the same room as the other two, but ideally when he is old enough we will get him neutered and put him in the same cage.
That looks like it will be five months away and in the meantime it will just be him in his cage. I am wondering whether he will be too lonely and needs his own pal. What do people recommend?

If you're going to neuter him and add him to the girls I would wait because getting a friend would mean getting another boar and I don't believe they would both get on if both added to the girls. Is it possible to put him so he can hear the girls and know they are there? Five months seems like a long time but I'm sure he'll forgive you once he has his wife pigs

Their cages are in the same room and they seem to be chatting to each other. I think we'll take your advice and wait till they can be housed together. Thanks.

5 months may seem a long time now but in the grand scheme of things and considering how long your piggies are going to live together 5 months is no time at all.

Back