New Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBH316

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I joined the forum quite a while ago but have been piggy-less all that time. On Tuesday, I collected 3 youngsters as a private rehome. The lady I got them from had only had them a week and they clearly haven't been handled much as they are extremely nervous and scared. The slightest movement from me has them running for their den! I have 2 definite girls but the 3rd one am a bit unsure about - at 4 months old, would it be obvious that a boy was a boy?! After looking at pictures, I'm inclined to think that the 3rd one is also a girl although looks a bit different from the other 2.

It's been a number of years since I've had guinea pigs so am hoping these three will make friends with me eventually!

I joined the forum quite a while ago but have been piggy-less all that time. On Tuesday, I collected 3 youngsters as a private rehome. The lady I got them from had only had them a week and they clearly haven't been handled much as they are extremely nervous and scared. The slightest movement from me has them running for their den! I have 2 definite girls but the 3rd one am a bit unsure about - at 4 months old, would it be obvious that a boy was a boy?! After looking at pictures, I'm inclined to think that the 3rd one is also a girl although looks a bit different from the other 2.

It's been a number of years since I've had guinea pigs so am hoping these three will make friends with me eventually!

Hi and welcome!

The testicles in boars descend between 4-6 months old, but by now you should be able to express a penis and likely notice a swelling to the sides of the genitalia. You may find this link here helpful; it has lots of pictures taken at different ages: Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig

You are also welcome to post (preferably clear and well-lit) pictures in this thread.
How To Post Photos

@VickiA has already given you our new owners information bundle. It contains several guides with lots of tips on how to settle in nervous piggies and make friends with them.

Thank you - that was the link that I referred to yesterday. Doesn't really look anything like the males in the photos so pretty sure now its a girl. I will try and get a photo over the weekend once I have an extra pair of hands!

Thanks again

Congratulations on your new piggies

Any ideas on names? Be great to see some photos of them soon. :)

The will soon settle in their new home. Any questions please just ask

Lee

They run to their den anytime I move so I don't think they will be posing anytime soon! They are 2 tri's and a white and have called them Magic, Mojo & Jinx.

They run to their den anytime I move so I don't think they will be posing anytime soon! They are 2 tri's and a white and have called them Magic, Mojo & Jinx.

Just read through the link Vicki has given you and vbe patient; they will come round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back