• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Neutering..

• Thread starter Thread starter oOtearsinheavenOo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oOtearsinheavenOo

So, I was thinking about getting little Rocky neutered. I know I've caused big heaps of arguments on this issue, but it's not really about that. He and Luna don't seem to get along anymore, but I'm not really possitive on that one. She's about to have her babies.. and both Rocky and Luna are living alone. I'm going to build a 4x6 grid C&C Cage, and try and reintroduce them all.. (after he's neutered..) the only problem is that I can't find a guinea savy vet around. :( It's obvious that the vet I took Luna to doesn't know what she's doing..

So with this in mind, and no savy vets in my area, what should I do? Eventually have two groups? Mom and girlies, and Pa and little boys? (Depending on what Luna gives birth too..)?

This would mean I would need to build two c&c cages, and I just don't have the room for that at the moment. :(

Any suggestions?

Where are you based? There are a few recommended vets on here :)

Find a cavy savvy vet and GO for it. They dont seem to notice they have been done and all's rosy afterwards. Stanley no nuts looks after all our retired girls bless him.

I'm in Central Oregon, U.S.A. no one's really guinea pig savy in a radius of about 100miles of me.. :( Most people have livestock, not piggies. :(

If you don't have a vet you trust, try pairing him to a baby boar once Luna has her babies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back