• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Neutering questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well I posted photos of the pigs on another forum and someone commented that before bonding them again I should have them neutered..I told them that it couldn't change their behaviour and they replied saying it benefits their health and ensures they don't get cancers associated with un-neutered animals and I should have them neutered so they can be mixed with a sow rather than live life alone. (they aren't actually living alone, they are side by side)

I'm confused now..if they can be bonded together then why have them neutered when they don't need to be and can live together happily?

I don't understand the persons comments either Jane.  Just as you say a boars natural aggression is not curbed by neutering.  If your boys are happy living side by side, unneutered, leave them be.  :)

I have 2 boars that live in exactly the same situation & another boar who is quite happy to live by himself - he hates other piggies ::)

As for neutering in piggies preventing cancer - i have no idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back