Neutering Boars? Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
okay so I'm thinking of neutering my 2 male boars.. so I could have 1 to 1 girl and the other in a herd.. what are the risks they are 2 years old nearly 3? bad idea?
also how many piggies can I fit in a 12ft by 9ft space with a 5ft by 5ft kitchen/bedroom area(not to be confined in the bedroom area)
thanks for the help!

Hi if done by a well reputable and experienced vet, it is normally a straight forward procedure. However, i don't know if you have been following my story but I had my boys neutered a month ago by a repeatable vet and unfortunately we have had (and are still having) a long string of post op complications. They are battling abscesses at the moment so I urge you to prepare yourself for these things happening. I've since had to take my boys to a different vet which has up to now cost just under £500 ontop of the neutering costs and will continue to cost more.. But more importantly I still don't know if my boys are going to recover from this. Plus you need to make sure you have the mental strength to be able to cope and deal with any infection etc which i have learnt the hard way and finding things extremely difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back