• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

neutered males

• Thread starter Thread starter shard25
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shard25

how do you know if your male guinea pig has been done as i would like to get Herbie a girlfriend but i havent got a clue if he has been done

any help would be great thanks as if he hasnt i dont really want to get him done as i dont know how old he is

In an entire boar the testicles form a definite do-nut shape, a neutered boar's testicle area is very much smaller   :)

Have a look here http://www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm towards the bottom of the page, the last pics are of entire boars & neutered boars for comparison  :)

my two are neutered, they have no man lumps which should be very obvious if you have a look down below.
Obviously a young piggie won't be fully developed, so lumps/testes wouldn't be so obvious.

hi all,

well it seems like Herbie still has all his bits so I suppose I won't be getting a girlfriend for him.

Oh well he has me lol

Niki said:
man lumps that's made me chortle ;D ;D O0
Caviesgalore said:
What a great description ;D

What a great way to put it, first time i have laughed all day, my best friend moved back to portugal today and I'm sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back