Nervous About Checkup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rochester Piggy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As some of you know, Cali was making a weird sound this morning, which then cleared up completely. She is eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, moving, and squeaking normally, and she hasn't lost any weight. I had scheduled a vet appointment to get it checked out as I thought she might have a illness, but literally less than 5 minutes after I hung up, the noise stopped! My boyfriend is going to take her for a checkup for me as I usually have full-blown panic attacks when I'm there, my entire body is shaking so hard, and I usually am in tears for most of the appointment. My boyfriend is less sensitive than I am and is better at remembering specific information such as medicine dosages, advice, etc. He loves her as much as I do. But yet I am still nervous the vet will find something wrong. Is there anything I should do before the appointment, such as weigh Cali, clip her nails, etc? Any tips for not stressing about it? Thanks guys!

So long as you have her last weight & when she was last weighed. Also her symptoms, etc. That's it.
Like i said to someone here, relax your to body, from foot to ankle to leg knee. You are concentrating on that & not getting panicky. Slow breathing all the way through the excercise.
Don't be tempted to cheat & go foot leg etc.You have to relax parts of the foot etc. If done properly it drains the nervous feeling, it should take about an hour to do this fully. What time is Cali going?

Last edited:
It's the vets job to check if something is wrong. And as awful as it is to have a poorly piggy it is always best to know they are ill and be able to treat them and make them better.

But, if she is healthy and happy that is what the vet will say she is :D

I'd stay calm (the vet will certainly find out if anything is wrong and help you treat it). If anything ud be worried about the sulking piggy you're going to have after- GET THOSE TREATS READY

So long as you have her last weight & when she was last weighed. Also her symptoms, etc. That's it.
Like i said to someone here, relax your to body, from foot to ankle to leg knee. You are concentrating on that & not getting panicky. Slow breathing all the way through the excercise.
Don't be tempted to cheat & go foot leg etc.You have to relax parts of the foot etc. If done properly it drains the nervous feeling, it should take about an hour to do this fully. What time is Cali going?
She is going at 4:30, and my boyfriend will leave at 4 with her. I just remembered I have a poultry convention I'm going to at 6 (I also have chickens) so I'll be getting ready for that!

It's the vets job to check if something is wrong. And as awful as it is to have a poorly piggy it is always best to know they are ill and be able to treat them and make them better.

But, if she is healthy and happy that is what the vet will say she is :D
Ok! I'll probably text my boyfriend throughout the appointment and be updating you guys!

I am sure Cali will be fine. The noise has stopped so that is excellent news. Let us know how she gets on and try to keep yourself distracted today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back