Nero 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i'm toying at the moment between making a c&c cage (though teh other half keeps giving me a look when ever i say this as he recalls teh tub cages we made for the hamsters!) or buying a ready mad ecage. i've had a look on e-bay and zoo plus,a nd even the pets at home website,and the besr i can find size wise ready made seems to be the nero 4.

i wondered if anyone else has one? what are peoples views on them (please if they are awful do say, i wont be offended as have never had piggies before, so want to check i am set up properly before my two babies come along after my hol). or if you know of a better indoor cage (remembering i'm uk based) please do say. the house would be for two piggies, and they would be living in the animal room, so have lots of out of cage time.

thanks.

i love my c&c cage :smitten: so easy to make, you can move them, you can add to them, reduce the size oh they just perfect ;D

becks said:
i'm toying at the moment between making a c&c cage (though teh other half keeps giving me a look when ever i say this as he recalls teh tub cages we made for the hamsters!) or buying a ready mad ecage. i've had a look on e-bay and zoo plus,a nd even the pets at home website,and the besr i can find size wise ready made seems to be the nero 4.

i wondered if anyone else has one? what are peoples views on them (please if they are awful do say, i wont be offended as have never had piggies before, so want to check i am set up properly before my two babies come along after my hol). or if you know of a better indoor cage (remembering i'm uk based) please do say. the house would be for two piggies, and they would be living in the animal room, so have lots of out of cage time.

I have a Nero 4 for my two girls, and a Nero 3 for my boy. I find them very easy to clean, and while I'm doing that, I put the wire top part out on the grass for them to romp around in. I've not had experience of c & c, although know they are highly spoken of, but I'm very pleased with my Nero. I'm also in the UK and bought my at Pets & Home. You also get a "starter kit" there when you buy the cages, which includes hay, a book on piggies, extra water bottle (unless that was just a "special offer" last year when I bought mine, although I got the first one in April and the next in Sept. and had the kit each time.

Hope this is some help.

Sue

thanks.

This cage works out about 7.9 square feet I believe so I would say it is ok for one but still your pigs would much rather a large cage. C&Cs can be re arranged as you like ( a very addictive hobby ) and you can add lofts/basements/half levels, connective tunnels of bent grids and stuff so they are really cool :D I would think they are cheaper than bought cages, even with the price of cubes in the UK. (I got lucky in Argos and B&Q, only £10 a pack ;D)

And plus you can make a run for the lawn out of spare grids. Overall I think they are waay better than pet shop cages O0
have you been on the website for them, www.guineapigcages.com might help.

My four boys are in pairs in Nero 4s - Garry and Minty, Benjamin and Dave. I agree that bigger is better, but due to lack of space, I can't have C&C cages. They have ample space in there to live and seem to be happy pigs, so I'm happy with them! I got one from P@H and the other from ebay (it's just luck if there is one in your area...) :)

nero 4's are ok, but if you have the space i highly recommend C+C (i have both a nero 4 and a C+C)

it all comes down to wait space you have...... if they get out for losts of floor time then a nero 4 is best, but if you have the room then a c&c is great. x

thanks everyone for your comments, its much apppreciated! i've been showing teh otehr half the c&c cages, but i just can't win him over - he's not convinced on the bases, so looks like will have to be a ready made cage - or a brain transplant for the fiance but that seems a little extreme.

i've been looking online to see if there are any other ready made cages slightly larger, nick did find one on zooplus, which is also up for consideratiion:-

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_cage/42416

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back