Nero 3 adapted....thanks to hubby

• Thread starter Thread starter KAZ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KAZ

Having giving it much thought this is what we came up with in the end....They love it! It gives them so much more room. Molly can jump onto the shelf above but we need the ramp covered in vetbed for fatty bridget! LOL

100_0630.jpg

100_0623.jpg

I like that how did you do it? I would love something like that for our new lone piggy :)

FAB! I'm going to try this for Cuzzy he would love it! How did you do it?

Well done!

Louise
:)

Typical we are all left in suspense until Kaz comes back on line ;D ;D

Hi guys...sorry to leave you all in suspenders! Was watching the recording of strictly come dancing!

Hubby bought large board of MDF which he cut very snugly, he then drilled holes all along the sides and back approx 2cm from the edge. We then fixed the shelf by putting strong cable ties through the holes and tying them around the bars of the cage. the ramp was made using MDF, hubby bought two brass hinges which he attached to either side of the ramp and screwed to the shelf. As the screws were slightly too long and protruded underneath he used a small off cut of wood underneath so that the screws wouldn't stick through and cause injury to my precious girls.

Cannot tell you all how happy I am that they have more room now.

Good luck to you all with the renovations and ask if I haven't explained things clearly enough

Your cage looks great O0
I made another level out of grids & have seen one done using a cooling tray. :)

Cage15107.jpg

Cage15107-1.jpg

Hi, this is brill, I have seen something similar done before but instead of using the cable ties they have used cup hooks along the side of the wood which then would hang onto the bars of the cage. I think I will purchase a Nero 3 now I have seen what a good job your hubby has done.

Hi again just had a thought, would the MDF start to smell if it got wee on it, perhaps you could use a lino floor tile to cover the wood, which would make it easier to clean.

Yes you are right it would do, mine is lined with a plastic sheet, then newspaper and then hay. When I roll up the newspaper I simply wipe clean the plastic. You are right though lino would be great O0

Looks great, I once did this in a nero 4 with a cooling tray and the piggies loved it O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back