Nero 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if you've seen my other post, but we're taking our new pigs on holiday with us to wales, we leave on Saturday. Anyway, we've just brought them a nero 2 to travel in and also for night time whilst we're away. What I wanted to check was the size, is the nero 2 big enough for two young sows? They will get time outside everyday.

We're also now thinking that we'd quite like to bring the inside at night anyway, they seem so much more friendly!

Pippa :)

I think a Nero 2 would be fine to travel in but my own personal opinion it's not big enough for two to live in full time. I've got a Nero 4 for my two sows (mum and daughter) and a Nero 3 for Basil on his own. (Mine actually live full time in the living room, except when they have "outside time" which I thought was for their benefit, but seems to be for mine, 'cos they much prefer it when I bring them back in). If you're only going to be on holiday a while I would think the Nero 2 would do as a temporary home, but can you manage anything bigger for them once you're all home? This is just my opinion - I do have a Nero 2 but it's rarely used, and I keep it for "hospital time" if I need it just for one.
Sue
p.s. have a lovely holiday

Hi Sue,

They have an outside hutch and run set up in the garden so during the day they can go in that and on warmer nights they'll be able to remain outside! We're planning on taking a puppy pen with us too, so they can have outside time whilst we're away too.

Thanks for the holiday wishes!

Pippa

animalpsycho said:
Hi Sue,
They have an outside hutch and run set up in the garden so during the day they can go in that and on warmer nights they'll be able to remain outside! We're planning on taking a puppy pen with us too, so they can have outside time whilst we're away too.
Thanks for the holiday wishes!
Pippa
Well, it sounds like they're going to be very "pampered piggies" ...
Sue

Aww piggy holiday. It sounds to me like you've got it all planned out. As long as they arent regularly confined to the Nero 2, it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back