Need tips for washing second-hand liners

4boipigs

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Basically the title. I am about to pick up 17 Guineadad potty pads from someone. I got a Guineadad liner and some homemade fleece w/ uhaul pads yesterday from someone else. I washed the fleece liners yesterday but they still smell like the other person's home or the detergent they used. Not bad, just a detergent sort of smell. I used a 'free n clear' type detergent. Is there a better way to wash second-hand liners? I want to wash all the Guineadad items today.

If you can get hold of white vinegar and then use where you would use conditioner this will disinfect the liners and help with the ‘wicking process’ of the liners. Hopefully all the smell of previous owners will go too !

I would wash them at 60 degrees if they will withstand it, and use white vinegar in the rinse. That’s an odour neutraliser and good at removing soap build up, too.

Thanks for the tips! I ended up with 17 Guinea dad pads and 4 liners. We will see what works.

The sellers had girl guinea pigs; I have boys. Should I have to worry about any piggie funk after they’re washed?

Wash at 60 degrees to kill any germ, fungal and mite eggs, just to be on the safe side and add white vinegar

Back