Need Some Ideas For New To Come C&c Cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veronica092

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I currently have four piggies living with me. Three out the four are living in a Ferplast rabbit cage size 140x71x51 cm. The other one is living temporarily in a Ferplast rabbit cage 95x57x46 cm since 5 March as she came living with us. Because of health issues she's still in this cage.

I would like to upgrade their living space by buying a 5x2 c&c cage. My mother just agreed that I could buy this size, as the 6x2 is too big for our living room.

Can I get some advice and some picture spam with ideas?

Too much! I spot clean the hoses twice a day, which doesn't take long and at weekends I do a full clean. But I don't throw away all of the substrate (which would be very quick) because most of it is clean. I turn it all over in sections with a dust pan, pick out the poos and wet patches and put it back - end up throwing out about 1/3 of the substrate each week (the substrate in the trays under the hides does get thrown out each week) takes about 40 minutes if I don't get distracted

I think that it's take me longer to clean the two cages that I have at the moment beside of the spot cleaning. It's good to consider the differences between bedding.

my pigs are supposed to live in a shed (but it's not insulated enough yet for winter) and it takes me the same amount of time to clean that as it does the c&c even though it's much bigger.

I know a lot of people use fleece and I can totaly see how that can be quicker/easier if you don't mind the washing, but it's not something I would want to use

Hmm that is good to know! I'm looking for something less dusty as it makes me sneeze. I'm oversensitive for dust so is my father.

Mmm, this is supposed to be dust free, but it does make me sneeze when I do a full clean! (Aubiose) I think there are paper/card based bedding that are dust free? But I've never used one

I used Carefresh. I liked it but not anymore. It's quit expensive in The Netherlands for a full cage. The dust is minimum but it has a strange odour to it when it get wet.

My lot are on cage liners made from fleece. I have a 8x2 C&C cage for 6 piggies plus a 2x2 loft.

Under the loft is a dog bed full of hay and they have fleece tunnels and whimzee chews, seagrass balls and a fleece bed. The loft has fleece tunnel, a seagrass bed and a seagrass tunnel.

They will have snuggle pouches from next week because Snowy had been bonded to the girls for two weeks then. They all seem calmer already!

My lot are on cage liners made from fleece. I have a 8x2 C&C cage for 6 piggies plus a 2x2 loft.

Under the loft is a dog bed full of hay and they have fleece tunnels and whimzee chews, seagrass balls and a fleece bed. The loft has fleece tunnel, a seagrass bed and a seagrass tunnel.

They will have snuggle pouches from next week because Snowy had been bonded to the girls for two weeks then. They all seem calmer already!

Wauw that sounds great! Do you have a picture?

Thank you Squeakz.

I adore the C&C cage because of its versatility. But it's a 2x8 and I have 6 piggies in it...and there's this lone girlie in P&H adoption who I am feeling very sorry for.

So I'm looking to expand...somehow...Flutterby had a good idea in turning the cage in to a T shape

Thank you Squeakz.

I adore the C&C cage because of its versatility. But it's a 2x8 and I have 6 piggies in it...and there's this lone girlie in P&H adoption who I am feeling very sorry for.

So I'm looking to expand...somehow...Flutterby had a good idea in turning the cage in to a T shape

If you made it a T shape. Think how much further out you could expand that mansion....wow!

Squeakz you are not helping!

I threw out Snowy's old cage as it was only a 1m cage. I wanted him in it while he was recovering from being neutered, but I do have a fabric pen 120cm, and all of the gang are going in their other pen (2mx2m) tomorrow until Monday so I can give the cage a thorough clean.

Squeakz you are not helping!

I threw out Snowy's old cage as it was only a 1m cage. I wanted him in it while he was recovering from being neutered, but I do have a fabric pen 120cm, and all of the gang are going in their other pen (2mx2m) tomorrow until Monday so I can give the cage a thorough clean.

Cowers behind the rat cage. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back