necessity to raise cage & best things to do so with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
having read the benefits of raising for big scarey predator thing & for drafts & vibration reasons i was wondering how important this is & best ways to do it?

I ask as being in main room with limited draft i dont think that will be much of an issue & my logical side figures unless it's being mounted on dampers or something it's still going to get any vibrations. I realise height issue probably main thing although i'm thinking I'm usually sat on floor on on low sofas anyway it shouldn't be a biggy.

Also figured less risky than having a bodge job collapse & also easier for having a door to allow piggies to come out to whole room at play time rather than having to lift the lill buggers out...

Thoughts & theories on raising cages please?

Ta
Si

You read my mind Si. I was going to post later on about this. I am having a change around my 2 Sows are being joined by 2 babes on Wednesday and they are going to live in my 5x2 hutch with a 2x2 upstairs.

My 2 bonded boars that are now in the hutch will live in a C&C and I do think it is a bit much for them seeing us humans peer over the top of the cage so I want it raised. As long as it is done right then it won't cause a problem with falling apart. I think it's better to be off the ground if possible but it depends on your pigs, if they are skittish like my girls are then they won't appreciate being on the ground but my boys are tame and friendly so they would just carry on as normal. :)

just seen some photos where folks have used more cages as legs etc etc, which i dont totally like idea of as it seems a bit flimsey in my mind but dunno might give it a blast if i have lots spare......
Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back