• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Neautering...

• Thread starter Thread starter baby-wilson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby-wilson

Hey...
I just rang a vet about neautering Wilson... She said the op takes about 45 mins and will cost around $120 per pig! :o So hopefully Cindy has a litter of all girls ;D She also said her babies should be about 12 weeks before they are neautered... is that right?
I know what I want for my birthday now... MONEY! ;D

I'm really happy now... soon wilson will be able to walk properly without those things in his way ;D

I was going to ask what gas they use to put them asleep but I couldnt hear to well ;D Ill ask when I make the appt though...

Ooh sorry.. I have another question... what gas is the best to use when putting them to sleep before the op?

ooh... sorry... ANOTHER question ;D

Is there anything I need to do for him before the op? What about after op care? also is there anything I need to look out for?

Thanks heapsguys! :)

oh sowwy... I already sent it ;D
ill mention it when she replies though ;D

Did you get any advice on neutering after care?

After weeks of going crazy my little man is now booked in next week to get done (wanted it done on Friday but it's the 13th!). I have asked the vet to keep him all day while I'm at work but I don't know if I should put him back in his smaller cage for a couple of days after to limit his movement (currently in a 3x2 C&C). What does everyone think?

Also should I buy some vetbed or will towels be just as good?

Shaz told me for bedding after neautering to use towels with newspaper underneath is to soak up the pee... I will probably keep Wilson and the possible others (;D) in a mall cage... as wilson popcorns around his cage like mad ;D

Do you think its okay to have multiple recovering boars together or have them all seperated while recovering?
Thanks!

another question... how long should it take to recover?
Also what are the signs of infection/somthing going wrong?
Thanks heaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back