Naughty piggy...fleece problems

• Thread starter Thread starter Aiki
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aiki

I have a piggy that's bedded on fleece, and just yesterday after putting a new piece of fleece down, my piggy keeps crawling underneath the bedding. I put newspaper on the bottom layer, then a thick towel, and then fleece. I then tape the corners down to keep the fleece in place. However my piggy keeps crawling underneath the fleece. I added more tape so she won't be able to do it, but she still manages to sqeeze in there by pulling the tape off. >:( Has anyone ever had this problem? If so how do you keep your piggy from hiding in the fleece? or if anyone has any idea how to secure the fleece please let me know. Thanks!

Cindy always tries to hide under the newspaper i put down for them but she only does it when she doesnt have anythink elseto hide behind/in... maybe if you buy a piglle or put a towel ove the fromt of te cage so she/he can hide...

do you put plenty of hay on top of the fleece?

guinea pigs love burrowing under hay, if you're not using any or not enough hay then they will try to burrow under the fleece.

do you have any other little hide-aways in the hutch/cage? things like an igloo or wooden 'house'.

mine always burrow under the towels etc but have found if you put an upside down cuddle cup they love it, jnx is like a tortoise he will walk about with it on his back, dobby likes to sit in it, sometimes I add a small towel or t towel in the cup to snuggle under

you she has plenty of things to hide in. She use to love hiding under her blanky, but now she prefers going under the fleece. She also has a several cardboard boxes and an igloo to hide in.

maybe consider throwing in 1-2 additional smaller pieces of fleece for her to crawl under and use as bedding? One of our dogs had a habit of getting into our bed because he liked getting under the covers. I tried to get him to sleep on a dog bed but he wouldn't....until my wife gave him his own blanket to crawl under. Worked like a champ.

If she still gets under it when theres lots of hay on top, Maybe you could put the fleece in an up turned box/in a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back