Naughty Guinea pigs eating baths mats!

littlewizz

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Open to suggestions - I have been using fleece liners filled with zorb for our three naughty girls in a 5x2 C&C - these work really well and then outside their haybox we have been using a bath mat as this is easy to pick up and shake out and change a couple of times a week. Haybox has Wood pellets in the bottom and I just tip that out every week into the garden waste. This works brilliantly but the little darlings have decided that they like eating the bath mats... not ideal for their tummies or for the bath mats which now have big holes in despite having plenty of hay and chews and fresh food, amazon paper, carboards boxes, eggs boxes and toilet rolls! I have removed the mats but now what do I put outside their haybox.... this seems to be their toilet and they pull the hay out into the entrance and pee on it with no thought for their owne- it's gross, like a protest that they don't get fed enough! I was hoping not to use a fleece pee pad as they hay sticks to it!? What else is really absorbent that hay won't stick to?

Back