Name for New Piggy

CocoandGingerPiggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I need some help choosing a name for my new guinea pig.
She is an American calico guinea pig, and i need a name that goes well with Ginger.

I had some ideas:
Poppy
Lumi/Lulu
Saspirilla/Sassy (Like the plant)

Please let me know what you think!
I’m open to other ideas as well.

Attachments

• 9BEA8593-5516-4847-B183-677ABBA019D1.webp
    9BEA8593-5516-4847-B183-677ABBA019D1.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 3
Perhaps Nutmeg (Nutty or Meggy), Pepper etc. if you want to branch out into spices.

You could also work from Ginger Rogers (who danced with Fred Astaire in the Golden Era of Hollywood) and look for other iconic female dancers or film icons if you'd rather go for a bit of glamour.

Here is an article series about naming guinea pigs with lots of ideas and considerations, which you may find helpful. Ultimately, piggies will name themselves, if necessary with a nickname once you get to know them better. Keep an open mind at the start. Make a shortlist and use all the names - one of them will eventually stick.
Guinea Pig Names: considerations, solutions, inspiration and resources

yes! i liked going with a spice or drink theme, my previous guinea pig was coca cola (coco) so it would be fitting! pepper was definitely a contender at one point but two of my pets already have the -er ending. going to try calling her sassy for a few days! thanks for all the replies!

Saffron.all my rescue piggies in 2018 were spicy names, this year is oceanic names,black pearl, kelp(soon to be new husboar after plum fairy vist) Velvet, Angel, Star, Squid, Molly ,Orca ,Bubbles and Lilly these the babies all born over the last month,to rescue piggies.

Last edited:
If 'Sassy' feels just perfect to you, then by all means go with it.

My pre-Tribe piggies have had 'naughty' names in either German or English but since 2009 I have switched to Welsh names with a few breed or group related themes and plenty of exceptions if piggies have already come with an established name or when a specific name attached itself to them. Each name has a meaning, though, which is how I remember and tell my many current and past piggies apart by since I am not a Welsh speaker (my hub is a Welshman, though).

Back