Nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As you all know guinea pig's nails are pointy...

Well my guinea pig Cookie's nails recently fell out, it grew back which I was expecting but it grew back square-shaped. I don't know what to do I'm a bit worried. Should I take her to the vet and will he file it out? Will it grow back? Or will it stay? Do you think it hurts her? Please try and reply if you can.
Thank you

Don't worry could you take a PIC so I can have a look :)

Don't worry could you take a PIC so I can have a look :)

Hope this pic works it is not very good but best I could get. You can at least see it is smaller then the others will try and get another.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 18
Yes are you sure she hasn't damaged her nail bed while her nail was trying to regrow :\ how long has it been like this if its only weeks then I see no problem with letting it grow to see if it will correct itself if is over 2-3 months then it may be a wise idea to see if your vet can sort it out but only if its effecting her walking etc . :) pm me if you have any other worries :)

Yes are you sure she hasn't damaged her nail bed while her nail was trying to regrow :\ how long has it been like this if its only weeks then I see no problem with letting it grow to see if it will correct itself if is over 2-3 months then it may be a wise idea to see if your vet can sort it out but only if its effecting her walking etc . :) pm me if you have any other worries :)
Well it fell out a few months ago but it started growing about a month or two ago. I actually checked it this morning and it is getting a bit more pointy which is good. But the thing is that my parents won't pay to bring her to the vet and I don't have any money except enough for a few bags of food. Do you know what to do? What does pm mean?

Did your parents agree to paying vet fees when they allowed you to get guinea pigs? Only, what if they are unwell?

Did your parents agree to paying vet fees when they allowed you to get guinea pigs? Only, what if they are unwell?
They will pay if they are really unwell, but I don't think they will pay for something like this plus it is getting a bit more pointy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back