• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Nail

• Thread starter Thread starter ksiusha237
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ksiusha237

Hello,
Yesterday I was cutting Shura's nails and accidently cut his little foot and the nail fell off. It bled, but now it's stopped thank goodness. It did not bleed a lot. He doesnt appear in pain, he is eating and his normal self. I think the nail is growing back a little. I was curious to know, how long will it take for the nail to grow back? And what are some signs of infection? Shura is well and does not appear in pain. I feel bad though :'( I've been cutting his nails his entire life, but this time he moved abruptly and caused me to cut the nail off.

Ksiusha

you cut the foot and the whole nail fell off? I'm still confused :-\

Sorry to be unclear. The nail fell off just before his toe(finger?). His skin was barely cut. The entire nail was cut though. :'( But he's okay.

So you cut to the quick by accident?

Thats easily done, he couldnt be in any pain, and they grow back very quickly :)

Sorry if thats not what you meant :)

Yes by accident, and he moved. He is doing well now. I was nervous because this is the first time he ever got a cut, and he's 4! Thanks :)

lol i thought you meant cut his foot off ;D I'm glad hes doing well :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back