• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

nail clipping

• Thread starter Thread starter col
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

col

hi,, i know there is advice on how to clip your piggys nails yourself but i am far too nervous to do it,,does any one know how much it is approx at the vets for nail clipping,,, i have 3 piggys and they are al a bit scratchy

oh i am from the northwest aswell if that helps

hello, i think its normally around £3-4 plus your consultation, it really is soo much easier and free if you do it yourself, its hard to hurt a piggy when doing their nails, they do squirm a little bit, but its nothing to worry about best thing to do it drop a towel over the top of them, scoop them up in it and gently release a foot at a time, this way you can hold them better without them fighting with all 4 paws coming at you, also helps if you have a friend at the head end with a slice of cucumber..lol

Hi Col,

I was told mine would cost £11 consultation and £5-£6 for a pig but may get a reduction if took a lot of pigs at once. Turns out my pigguns didn't need them doing. Sunshine will need his doing next week. He is my experiment as I've never done it before but he is the calmer of my three boars so I'm hoping he will be ok, he even let my hubby clean his ears yesterday!

Louise
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back