• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

my wookie is worrying me.

• Thread starter Thread starter Amadeus.
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amadeus.

whats going on: he will only eat his peppers. I'm going to try and give him a seed stick but he wont eat his hay, that he loves, or his food that hes been eating well. hes kind of picky and i used to get away with mixing food and he wouldnt care really. this was crasins and yoggies. i ran out of crasins and now hell eat the yoggie only if he has to dig for it in the hay but wont eat anything else. ive even tried putting some of his small bits of food in pepper juice but its like he knows.

hes been violent with me a little bit but so far its only been with me. hes nice to my boyfriend. hes still nice to me but you can tell hes more aggressive.

hes been very very chattery. i dont know if its directed towards me and my boyfriend or not.

and as of today hes only wheeked once. and my wookie is a screamer. he likes to tell stories on top of his piggieloo and talk to me when i turn on a light or open a door or crinkle a bag [[remember hes almost all the way blind so he has to rely on shadows, noises and smells.]] and he can also hear me say his name from across the house and would most of the time answer me back. but today one little wheek when i told him i was worried about him and that was it.

on the plus side when hes not in his cage hes more active. in his cage he wont come out of his piggieloo. = [ and last night [[kind of weird so sorry]] he was playing with some cardboard and he got....excited....and left a mess [[i dont think it was pee]] on some of the cardboard and wouldnt step off of the cardboard. when he did he started spazzing out.

any info that will help? [[sorry i havent really gotten to look for anything that relates but i have to go to work and ive been attending to him today.]]

I'm wondering if he's got an upset tummy or maybe toofie problems? :-\ :-\ :-\
Can you see a vet love it will reassure you O0 i presume tho it's night time there isn't it 98) 98) 98) try to make an appointment for the morning O0

haha yes it is [[i work at a bar]] so I'm going to try and call around. and thank you for the well wishes and thoughts :)

i was just told that someone thinks that seed sticks and yoggies and crasins arent good for piggies. the yoggies hes had only a few so I'm stopping with that and the seed stick he only had a small little bit thankfully, but he has had a sprinkle of crasins in his food for like three weeks. could i have done this :'(

Now don't panic OK O0
Just don't feed him these things for now and see if that helps :)
Love i'm sure you'd not deliberately do anything to harm Wookie O0
Have a look on the foods threads and you'll see one about foods, it's got all the good and bad foods on there, this should help you :)

thank you so much. :) someone on livejournal actually explained some of the things out to be so if anything i just might have gave him a belly ache but I'm going to still watch him. they supplied me with a small list and since off I'm free now I'm going to look at the health posts on here. thank you so much i was soooo worried

It sounds like you have a lovely boar with attitude!,I love these toughie guys.

Yogurt,seeds etc are not good for piggies even tthough they are sold as such.The manufacturers of these "treats",are out to make a profit and are not bothered if the products make the piggies sick.
The only treats they should have is favourite veggies.

Are you sure he does not have a dental problem?.If he still refuses to eat today,I would make an asap appointment with a vet.Make sure the vet yoy use is used to piggies and can do dentals without aneasthetic.

Seed sticks are not good for piggies, buy some different varieties of hay instead- its good for them and they appreciate the variety. I buy local meadow hay as well as a variety of different types. Mine are like horses when it comes to hay, they can play in it too :) There's nothing mine like more than a pile of hay to rummage in ::) After that they sit in it and munch ::)

haha i know his favorite thing to do is run around on his hay first and then eat it. ::) i have to put it in a bowl so he can find it [[and the bowl always has to be in the same place haha]] and hell get so excited cause he gets to dump it out and then run about. :) but lately he just hasnt been eating it like normal, or at all. thankfully he hasnt had much of that bad stuff so its not done too much harm or caused him too much discomfort. :-\ he so far will only eat his peppers and then some of his hard foods. I'm looking up on how to properly check his teeth cause someone suggested that he might have a tooth ache. haha but i just hope that hes cranky from being lonely which is going to change pretty soon if the first bonding session goes well. were going to go try and find him a friend very soon ;D

Possibly, if he hasnt been eating the right foods and plenty of hay, his teeth could overgrow. Piggies teeth continually grow and chewing keeps them down :)

Piggies do not get toothache because theeir teeth do not have nerves,but,they can get spurs on the molars which can dig into the soft flesh and makew eating painful.They can also get mouth ulcers. If it were my piggy I would have a vet examine the mouth.

update on the wookie: so far he is back to normal. O0 i think what might have happened is that i gave him a stomach ache and such from the bad foods. :( but now hes running about and screaming like he used to. haha. but i am still going to watch him and keep on checking him just in case.

we thank you all and are both very very grateful for all of the help and concern. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thats good to hear :) Thanks for the update. Plenty of healthy hay now for him, he'll soon get used to eating loads of it, its quite amazing just how much they can put away!

i know! i live with three boys with healthy appetites and i call them all wookie cause all four of them [[even though they arent as furry ^_^]] are my piggies. hahaha ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back