My piggy makes this chirping sound?

currynugget

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, my one year old piggy would sometimes make this "chirping" sound (it's not purring). She isn't popcorning nor approaching my other piggy while making this sound (she would just stay still) and it's so random too. Anyone knows what it means?

P.S if you see my other posts, she's been quite dominant with my other piggy.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, my one year old piggy would sometimes make this "chirping" sound (it's not purring). She isn't popcorning nor approaching my other piggy while making this sound (she would just stay still) and it's so random too. Anyone knows what it means?

P.S if you see my other posts, she's been quite dominant with my other piggy.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Chirping is the big piggy mystery; it is so hard to understand because it is so random.
This link tells you what we can and what we cannot say about chirping but it also includes a chirping video: Chirping

PS: Can you please keep any related eniquiries on the same guinea pig/relationship or illness to just one thread, please. Unlike social media, we do not need masses of new threads all over the forum as it is too lively for all of us to read everything, seeing that we are doing this for free in in our own free time; some of us look after specific sections but not after others.
It is much easier for us to provide personalised support (for as long as needed) if the information is kept together and your specific situation can be kept in mind instead of giving you a quick basic answer that may or may not apply because we do not have all the relevant information together. We can provide something that social media can't but we do work differently to do it. Thank you.

A chirping guinea pig could mean that your guinea pig is concerned, but the chirping sound is pretty confusing. I have never heard my guinea pigs chirping, so I'm not sure.

Does it sound like a bird got caught in the house? This is kind of the mystery guinea pig noise, what it means is unclear. It's supposedly not very common, although right now we have a pig who chirps all the time. With most of my pigs I seldom or never heard this sound, but Tomie chirps once or twice a week on average, always in the morning for some reason!

Back