My Piggies Smell. Should I Bath Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5littlepiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Their cage is clean, it's cleaned regularly.
They don't smell majorly bad, just a bit like animal pee.

I asked in my local pet shop (I know I hate these places too lol) but thought they might know. He said they don't stock Guineapig shampoo as no one baths their guineapigs but I could use baby shampoo This don't sound right to me? Surely you shouldn't use human shampoo on a small animal.

gorgeous guinea pigs have a selection of shampoos on there website specifically for piggies.i highly recommend them .johnsons small animal shampoo is good.you can get this online or Jolleys sell it,not sure else where.piggies do not need bathing regularly unless have a problem.eg fungal/parasite.i do mine every four months,and longhaired piggies get every two months when i chop there hair ! :)

Guinea pigs shouldn't smell if the cage is cleaned regularly. It is possible one or both have a urinary problem. Why not get them checked out by your vet, just to be sure

mine are long haired that get their coats cut regular especially around their bum, and it was my daughter who mentioned that they had a very slight smell, I was going to wash mine just on the bum bit as they seem to get their fur wet there a lot,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back