• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My piggie died suddenly last night!

• Thread starter Thread starter baby piggie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby piggie

Last night i went to take out the piggies and as i picked Smudge up he was kind of floppy, i took him into the living room and laid him on the couch, he tried to stand up and when he couldn't i knew there was something seriously wrong. A few minute's later he just passed away :'( I don't know what was wrong, he was fine - he was eating okay, hadn't lost weight, why did he have to just die? I cant afford to have an autopsy on his body, i still have another piggie and i dint want him getting depressed. Does anyone have any idea why this could have happened? He was only a few months old.

aww sweetie its such a hard thing to see your beloved pet die especially unexpected, maybe he had a heriditery problem unknown about becasue he was so young it could heve been that they killed him or it could have been something as simple in life as a heart attack, I doubt you will ever know but its happened to most of us on here me included, I lost my darling Lilac last week she was nearly 5 but was eating the night before and was quite her normal self next morning she was being kept warm by the rest of the girls but was dead no ryhme or reason for it I guess its nature,
can you check his cage and more obvious reasons for your other pigs sake like was hte hay the type that can cause problems i think its with somthing added not too sure as i only ever use fresh meadow hay from a farmers field nearby, keep an eye on the other pig in case it was infectious as well, and you will need to be thinking about a friend for your remaining piggy as well they do like company and he might well be depressed for a while missing his friend,
God bless little man sweet dreams :'(

I recently lost Frank who was only about 6 months old, and he'd been normal that morning eating and running around like a loon. It looks like it was a stroke as he had a fit, then laboured breathing, then passed away quietly, all in the space of about 3 hours. IT's possible something similar happened to your poor Smudge. Don't beat yourself up about it - although they can be little troopers they are at the end of the day fragile little creatures. Have you coonsidered getting a new friend for your remaining guinea? I found a local breeder with some neutered sows who had had complicated pregnancies, or you could get him neutered and find him a lady friend :)

it could of been anythin, the bad thing about having pets is, most the time you dont no what pain they're in, so sorry rip.. :(

NOT SMUDGE! sorry little smudge
pure-lips.jpg

R I P

Thanks for all your nice replies :) I have no idea why smudge died - i suppose its just one of those things :(. Thanks again for all your replies.

I am so sorry to about smudge its alful to have a piggie die like that especial when you see it happen, I had one die at christmas but she had pnumonia and it all happen so quickly so i know excacly how you are feeling :'(

Keep your chin up and give his cage mate a cuddle and kiss for me.

Emma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back