My New Set Up

• Thread starter Thread starter minky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minky

To try and keep my mind off worrying about Sammy i got busy in the shed yesterday and this is what i did

DSC00818.jpg

The whole of the bottom section is for the girls and comes out a further 3 grids wide and what you cant see on the photo is where the food dish is in the corner, I use the bottom of an old hamster cage which i fill with hay for them and put the feeder in their and the water bottle hangs over it too

DSC00817.jpg

Nigel now has the 2 levels to himself i had to make the top correx higher because he loves climbing and theres no top on it becuase i run out of grids

When Sammy is better he will go in with the girls and eventually Nigel will be done and he can join the group and hope theres no problems my intention for how it is no is that once its all sorted they will have all of it to themselves so basically an extra 2 levels ::)

My daughter says "Mommy you change it every week" !

Looks great! Is your shed heated? I'm asking as my boys are about to go in the shed and I've bought hutches for them but I have loads of grids which I was going to make into runs for them but there's no electricity in the shed... don't want them cold

kayjay said:
Looks great! Is your shed heated? I'm asking as my boys are about to go in the shed and I've bought hutches for them but I have loads of grids which I was going to make into runs for them but there's no electricity in the shed... don't want them cold

No its not heated Kayjay but the walls i put extra boards around to keep off any draughts, they have tons of bedding but to be honest they all love cuddling up under a big purple step stool i put in their i put an old fleece blanket over it and they huddle in their quite content when i give them their veggies on a night time i top up all the hay and put another big wad of shredded paper which they love jumping through give them all a cuddle and leave them to it !

Wow I love doing things like that. I am in the process of getting my herds into the shed. I was promised a custom indoor house cage for xmas this year but it never appeared >:( But I have been given some old home made breeders blocks which are made out of 1" thick solid wood! Already I have 2 6ft x 18" cages set up but only 1 group of pigs in there at the moment. I am aiming for 4 pigs per 6ft. Maybe 5 at a push.
Will get some pictures soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back