My New Guinea pig is only 15 weeks old and has never squeaked

Crumble

New Born Pup
Reaction score
i Have two girl guinea pigs but one doesn’t squeak and the other does should I be worried

Some pigs are just not chatty. She may wheek more as she grows, or she may figure that her friend is doing the wheeking for both of them. I've had pigs that were so loud you had to turn up the volume on the TV and others who very seldom made a sound at all their whole lives!

Yes i would not worry, its been VERY quiet in my lounge since Smokey Joe lost his brother Gizmo, Gizmo was the loud one and Smokey has always been much quieter, we are off to hopefully find him a friend today though, fingers crossed! x

Hello and welcome to the forum. My Pepper has never wheeked and Percy only wheeks when he is very excited. Maybe once a week. They are all different.

My RB piggy Dennis very rarely said a word he left all that to his wife pig RB piggy The Ever Beautiful Betsy.

My rescue piggy Wilbur and his RB brother Wilf have never wheeked and I have had them 4 and a half years I think they left all the talking to their wifelets :))

Back