My new cage :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, it's not actually so new..I built it last winter/spring too, but the pigs have been outside for the summer :P

It's a 2x6 c&c..the bedding is newspaper and shredded paper..also russel rabbit bedding scattered around ;)

DSCN2559.jpg

DSCN2558.jpg

DSCN2557.jpg

DSCN2556.jpg

DSCN2555.jpg

The piggies seem to be enjoying it :P

Jane

Lovely big space for the piggies - but I cant help but think that it looks a bit empty?

This is a picture of my old 5 by 2 gridcage:

5by2.jpg

Your cage is even bigger - so just think about the possibilities you have!

You could make it a perfect paradise for your piggers :) O0

I'm getting more stuff for them soon but thanks for the tip ;) What do you think I should add? Am gunna order some stuff from zooplus and pampered piggies later :D

I don't want *too* much stuff in there though, I love your cage but to me it looks a bit cramped lol..I guess it's just finding a happy medium and whatever the piggies like :P

Jane said:
What do you think I should add? Am gunna order some stuff from zooplus and pampered piggies later :D

I love the house I got for mine, because it adds space - heightwise. Two level houses are great for adding space, and this one is lovely because it got 2 entrances.

In the cage I have at the moment, I also have three flat top houses, I have put them together back to back, so that their roofs make another platform in the cage, the piggies actually use it and its my boars favourite lookout place :)

Jane said:
I don't want *too* much stuff in there though, I love your cage but to me it looks a bit cramped lol..I guess it's just finding a happy medium and whatever the piggies like :P

If it was just obstacles like logs then yes, it would be very cramped. But because its pipes and the likes of it, it doesnt actually take space away from them, they can still run around in the cage - only sometimes their road leads them through a tunnel ;)

I just thought - I have another one of those red houses out in the run (exept it's a blue one) and have an igloo in the cupboard somewhere so I think I'll add those..am going to buy some paper bags, the paper cave thing (this http://www.pamperedpiggies.co.uk/showimage.asp?site=pamperedpiggies&showimage=toypcavycave.jpg) and maybe some other stuff of pampered piggies.

Think I'm gunna get one of these http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/accessories/rodent_beds_fabric/19609 off zooplus too.

Where did you get those tubes from Abnoba and how much did they cost? I don't mind spending money on them of course (actually, that's my favourite thing to spend money on haha) but I went to B&Q the other month and it was like £7 just for a corner which I think is crazy..?

Oh yeah, I'm gunna make a few cozies for them too O0

that cage is great Jane :) and using the houses to add height is a fab idea too Abnoba :) (just writing it down ;))

Both cages look great !!! :smitten: :smitten: Me wants 1 when i get my parcel ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back