My new and improved C&C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laure

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well with the little ones almost fully grown now I thought it was time to try and add another level to the cage. Unfortunately I can't expand horizontally because they are on a table (we had a mice problem a little while back).
They haven't gone up the ramp yet as I only added it in this morning. I am really hoping they will like it.
What do you think?

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

that is really gd well done i think they will luv it hehe
well done really nice c&c
Anz x

That looks absolutly fab ;D My only thing would be to move the corner bed to the otherside (against the wall) as I know my girls would easily climb on to it then try to go exploring over the edge and I wouldnt want them to fall.
Sarah & the gang

milliekitten said:
That looks absolutly fab ;D My only thing would be to move the corner bed to the otherside (against the wall) as I know my girls would easily climb on to it then try to go exploring over the edge and I wouldn't want them to fall.
Sarah & the gang

Yes that is a good point, though I have had these corner beds for about 6 months now and used to have them on the ground floor without any lid over them. They have never jumped on top of them. My girls are quite lazy ;D
However just to be safe I am going to put an extra grid on top of that corner. Thanks for feedback. O0

Forgot to mention I want that sign ;D I wish my pigs were lazy Olive is a little Devil and is forever hurtling herself up and down the ramp or sitting on the beds and jumping on her sisters as they go past 98)

milliekitten said:
Forgot to mention I want that sign

I got it from the winking cavy store a few years back. It's so true our house is ruled by guinea pigs! ;D although shhhhhh don't tell my boyfriend hahaha

i'd love that for my piggies but i'd hate trying to clean it out. x Its amazing. xx

Actually cleaning it out is going to be quite easy. I use towels and fleece throughout. The cage in not enclosed so I can reach in to spot clean. Also where you can see the white laces (I will replace them with something more permanent when I have figured what) these are doors which fully open. So I can open the two middle cubes on each of the floor.

wow where did you get the cage from id love Milo to have a big cage :smitten:

wow awesome i bought i cage for Milo its big enuff for 2 pigs but id love to have a bigger cage with 2 floors so he can have more run around area. how did you make it?

sorry ive just red on that site how to make it. awesome. where can you buy the grids/?

Laure said:
Actually cleaning it out is going to be quite easy. I use towels and fleece throughout. The cage in not enclosed so I can reach in to spot clean. Also where you can see the white laces (I will replace them with something more permanent when I have figured what) these are doors which fully open. So I can open the two middle cubes on each of the floor.

I never even noticed the shoe laces, silly me. That would actually be easy to clean out. will need to get my other half on to making mine. haha. How many girds did you use?
x

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. It took a lot of planning for me to get my head around a version that would work for me (easy to clean, quick access to piggies etc...) so I am glad I have finally finished it and it seems to be working really well.

[/quote]

How many girds did you use?

[/quote]

I used 31 grids for the cage and 2 for the ramp. In total I bought 2 packs of grids from screwfix.

missknight said:
sorry ive just red on that site how to make it. awesome. where can you buy the grids/?

You can buy the grids from screwfix online or I think B&Qs have started selling them now. I think you can also find some on ebay.
there is a list of the suppliers found by GPQ here:
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=17166.0

the base (correx) you can get from sign makers basically. There is also a list of suppliers here (I bought mine from the ebay supplier)
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=133.0

ooooo really my mum does the admin and wages for bnq so we get discount :D :D :D

was it expencive?

No their are not expensive to build at all.
Each pack of cube cost me £20 (but you might be able to get them cheaper at B&Q)
The correx costs me £20 for 5 sheets but I actually only used 2 1/2. + I had to buy about 3 packs of cable ties.

So all in all about £65 which is cheaper than what you would pay for an shop cage but of course it is much bigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back